Sunday 6 October 2024

Friday 4th October 2024

And so to the last day of the first week back at work.

Welcome to Friday.

I am pretty much up to date with work again, rattling some cages and so on, so I could continue that through the day before finishing early at half midday as I had an appointment.

Yoga is off for a break, and with Donna off, Jools went into work early to try to keep up. I slept through the alarm again, and work up when she put the kettle on.

Two hundred and seventy eight That's the kind of alarm I like.

So by the time I am washed and dressed, coffee is made, Jools is leaving.

Bye then.

I laze round some more, then once I had started work and had more coffee, I remember it was bin day, so with two lots of recycled to put up, the bin was heavy, but got it out in time for the first truck to come down the street.

Our first department meeting since losing our manager was a lighthearted affair. It was our version of a coffee morning where we can talk about anything other than work.

Very enjoyable.

I finish at half twelve as I was being interviewed by Danny Baker again, though for a podcast now rather than national radio.

A few episodes ago, he mentioned volcanoes, and asked if any listeners had volcano-related stories. Well, I did, I discovered one a few years back, so the mail piqued their interest and I was asked to go on.

We chatted for about 15 minutes, and I explained how and why I was in Indonesia, on a shop looking for oil, when our equipment uncovered a lava tube, and the magnetometer picked up evidence of magma moving, enough for the geophysists on the ship to say we had found a volcan. But as the client owned the data, they got to keep the proof and name it.

Mulder I went outside in the autumnal sunshine to sit with Mulder and Scully, watch for birds and butterflies and wait for Jools to come home, so we could go to Jen's for cards.

We are playthings for the Card Gods: sometimes, we can play for two or three hours waiting for someone to get a run of four or more cards to scoop the jackpot in Queenie, yet yesterday, Jools to a run of five, two runs of four, and Jen and I got got runs of four each too, and several runs of three between us. In less than an hour!

We ended the evening by having a Chinese delivered, and after eating well, we cleaned up, and brought the remainder home for us to have over the weekend.

Suddenly, we were tired. I couldn't even watch the second half of the Sunderland v Leeds game. Going to bed at half time instead.

No comments: