Thursday 10 October 2024

Tuesday 8th October 2024

Life seems to be long periods where not much happens, interspersed with brief periods were interesting stuff happens.

As in the military, where it was 99% waiting and 1% running around like headless chickens shooting at shit.

The shot a day project nearly ended last year as I was finding it hard to come with something during the long dark days of late autumn and winter, and so here we are again.

I mean, how many pictures of cats, the lawnmeadow or sunrises do we and you need?

And days when it is dark, rainy, where there is nothing in bloom in the garden, and I don't cook some glorious meal or bake a fabulous cake, what then?

Next year we plan to retire, but not until August, so we shall see if the project lasts until then.

This is day 2,837 of the project, which isn't bad. A shot every day since 1st January 2017. I would like to do a decade, but let's see.

Work has returned to being relaxing, peaceful and quiet. And enjoyable, which is far better than I thought it could ever be again. But the events of this year have shown me that work and mental health can be changed for the worse by a simple change in manager.

So it goes, so it goes.

That being said.

I woke up after ten hours sleep, and felt like a million dollars. A million dollars with a bad back, obviously, but was in sparking form as I said goodbye to Jools and logged on for work.

I am tackling some outstanding work, with meetings set up now with stakeholders.

So I make a second coffee and wait for mails to tumble in.

Cats sleep, I work, the radio burbles and I keep the kettle nearly boiling to provide me with brews.

Out in the garden, I see that the grass along the sides of the meadow is lush, so needs trimming. After yet more rain its too damp to mow that day, so I add it it "tomorrows" list.

There is a forth Elephant hawkmoth caterpillar in the fuchsia by the patio, so hours can be spent watching it bask, eat or pump out huge pellets of caterpillar poo.

Two hundred and eighty two Dinner was Caprese, and using some old rolls, make garlic bread with some home made garlic butter. It is almost a triumph, just needed five more minutes, I think.

For there evening there is cup football, Football League Trophy, which on a wet and windy wild night, made for some farcical games, but entertaining. Otherwise, its international break, so England play later in the week.

No comments: