Thursday 17 December 2009

Bland Idol. Now That's what I call Bland. The Bland Factor.

Seems like Simon Cowell does not have a sense of humour after all. A Facebook group which has the aim of getting Rage Against the Machine's Killing in the Name of to nmber 1 instead of the latest bland clone has been met with derision and anger by the rectangle headed svengali.

"If there's a campaign, and I think the campaign's aimed directly at me, it's stupid. Me having a No 1 record at Christmas is not going to change my life particularly," Cowell said. "I think it's quite a cynical campaign geared at me that is actually going to spoil the party for these three."

On Sunday, this year's clone, a Geordie called Joe something won and the next day the single, a cover of a song by Billy Ray Cyrus's daughter, was released.

What Mr Cowell failed to realise is that the vast majority of the contrary failed to vote or don't give two figs about the X Factor, and would like to have something original at number one at Christmas. What we can be almost certain of, Joe will be Joe Anonymous this time next year again.

Anything that puts a crack in his smugness has to be a good thing.

No comments: