Friday 18 December 2009

So, first morning off work.

And what to do?

And that is indeed the question. Well, I decided to stay in the house today and not drive Jools to work because there will be many other times to go out, but the main one is it looked so bloody cold out there this morning, I thought it best to stay in and do some chores. Other parts of Kent and Essex and Suffolk got lots more snow than us; it was just a dusting here, and so not even very photogenic. Well, I guess it could have been, but we'll never know now.

The chores for the day:

Wrap presents;
Make mince pies;
catch up on my reading;
Make dinner.

I think that's it.

Every task is make more difficult by the fact I have banged my thumb quite bad this week; there is a chance it's broken to be honest. The nail is all black, and after a quiet night when I did get some sleep, I banged it again this morning and now it hrts like hell again.

Mince pies should be easy as all I have to do is make the pastry, as the jars of mince meat are everywhere, even still I bought mine weeks ago just to make sure. Oh and make egg nog. One thing that a Christmas in New England a few years back was a taste for egg nog; I use it instead of cream in coffee as well as on it's own, and is wonderful. And alcoholic, as I use three different spirits in it too!

Working now means I seem to be able to grab just half an hour a day with my magazines in the canteen, what with cooking and photography and all the other stuff that makes up our life, I have a stack of things to read. So, this afternoon I plan to sit on the sofa and read Empire at least and catch up on some movie news and reviews. That is until Mark Kermode comes on the radio at three for his review of the year. Wonderful.

Dinner is going to be chicken kievs with salad and some potato bread; it is what Jools asked for and who am I to refuse. So it looks like Snday will be curry day as usual.

And so, day one of the long Christmas break begins.

No comments: