Wednesday 2 December 2009

Box Idol; day 1

So, the seven competitors entered the factory expecting it to be dog eat dog from the first bell with trials and tests at all turns.

But no; I was selected to work on the Zerox line, getting packs of ten photocopy paper boxes together, wrapping them with a mk 1 elastic band and then stacking them on a pallet. Repeat until quarter past five.

I Assemble 1

I have done something to my wrist, but at least I stuck with the job and did not feel tempted to say sod it and head down the pub for an all day sesh.

No news on when or if the real test will happen, if at all. And so it goes.

The rain has fallen all day, and the factory roof does leak, so it goes. So it goes.

At least tomorrow is the last day of the week as it is a closed Friday, and I day-dreamed all day as to how I was going to spend Friday, cameras in hand snapping away to my hearts content. And after that there is Saturday and Sunday to come.

So, just nine work hours until the weekend is to begin.

I Assemble 5


Yay!

No comments: