Saturday 27 April 2013

Saturday 27th April 2013

Wednesday (evening)

It is one of the joys that at the end of the working day, heading back to the hotel, powering the computer, and checking in online for the flight home. And then head out for a slap up dinner of ribs.

And chips.

And a trip to the salad bar.

And a beer.

I grabbed my coat and my book to read and took the stairs to the ground floor. I bumped into two of the project guys. Where you’re going they ask. For a beer and some ribs I says. Oh where? About 100m from this very hotel. Can we come along?

Of course.

Mr J

So I have three, as another one tagged along, join me for dinner and to keep me company. Three of us had ribs and the other the route 66 taster plate. All was very good. We decided for forgo the Irish bar so we could all head back to our rooms to watch the football. A good decision as Dortmund thrashed Real 4-1, and Mr Ronaldo did not look pleased. Oh well.

Thursday.

I wake up at 6, pack, and load the car so I am in the breakfast bar when it opens at half six, and am at the office for seven in time for a meeting. I plod on all day with the entering information into SAP until it was time to head to the airport. And I was looking forward to the drive as it gave me a chance to push the A3 to its max. So, once on the motorway and put it up to 130 kp/h, and then it was time to turn off and take the road to Billund.

Crane

Once at the airport, I realise I have the ticket to get into the business lounge, so check my bag in, go through security and go up to the lounge, meet two others from the project, so we sit down together and end up ordering burgers to munch on whilst be drink free beer and chew the fat. As it were…..

Westcliff on Sea

The flight was uneventful, I got some more shots of Essex and East London as we were on final approach. Once down it was a dash across Londo to be at Stratford with 5 minutes to spare to catch a train to Ashford. At Ebbsfleet my friend Matt gets on, and we have a chance to chat and catch up. Then it was a 10 minute wait on the platform as Eurostars scream by tearing the night apart on their way to Europe.

Speeding through Thurrock

Friday

So, I am working from home today, and in a surprise move I seem to have pretty much caught up with the SAP thing and might treat myself to an early stack and sit on the sofa listening to Mayo and Kermode on the radio: just like the old days….

Sankt Barbara

No comments: