Tuesday 30 July 2013

Tuesday 30th July 2013

Monday.

OK, the alarm going off at five-forty five wasn’t welcome or pleasant. We got up, had breakfast and made sandwiches before it was time to leave. I dropped Jools off at the factory before heading back out of town and onto the road to Sandwich and then on to Ramsgate. There was no finer way to start the day, well, other than having a bucks fizz and smoked salmon breakfast on the poop deck of my private yacht. That would be a fine way to start the day. Any day, really.

So, dodging the dreadful drivers, ignoring the speed limit only when it annoys the bloke behind me in the tunnel to the port. Always great to crawl down there at 30mph whilst the bloke behind revs his engine to buggery. Whatever it takes you to get through the day, really.

And the thrill of finding that someone has reorganised my desk, altered the controls on the chair and thrown my water bottle out. The novelty soon wore off. Although, the view of the sunshine beating down on the harbour outside made me long for the time when I could switch the computer off and go home.

And so the day crept by, and four o’clock rolled round and it was time to head home to pick Jools up again. Now, I see in my previous year’s blogs that four years ago I was about to start at the box factory as a QC inspector working for my sister-in-law. And four years ago Norwich were about to begin their first season in the 3rd division for 49 years. And so in those four short years, I have now a job as a Project Quality Manager job and City are preparing for their third season in the Prem. Who’d have thought it?

I have been told by my boss that I can stay in the UK for all of this week, and all of next week, and probably all of the week after too. I cannot describe how good it is to head home after work, make a cup of coffee and sit on the patio whilst the cats mill around us demanding to be fed. And then time for something to eat, and it means cooking rather than pondering how hungry I am and whether to have the standard or large portion of ribs at Bones.

Anyway, Tuesday sees the cross-trainer dusted down and me pumping some lard once again. Oh joy.

No comments: