Saturday 15 February 2014

Saturday 15th february 2014

Thursday.

and so, for a change, I head into the office in Ramsgate as I knew I would need the services of a scanner and printer and much better for them to pay rather than us. Us who do not have a functioning printer.

After dropping Jools off, I head up out of Dover and onto Deal and Sandwich. The fields are, obviously, saturated, and the roads have much standing water. But it is no trouble to get into work. However, even with the winds having calmed down the previous evening, the monkeys returned to shore, and the office, as it was too rough to climb a turbine. I had been given the manager's office, so I did have peace and quiet, which was nice.

Shadow beach

I manage to finish all I needed to by three, so take the opportunity to head along Military Road to snap the late afternoon sunshine in Pegwell Bay. Now no ferries call here, traffic is very light, and the sand which has drifted across the road at the roundabout is getting deeper.

The sands of time

People are walking their dogs, whilst others are just out for the pleasure of it. I snap them all, all in the glorious warm sunshine.

Spot

I pack up as I have to get to Dover to meet Jools off the bus, and in doing so I see from the bridge on the Sandwich by-ass that the River Stour is pretty much in full flood. The road at Grove Ferry is flooded, as a=are other roads in the vicinity of the river. But my way is fine.

And thanks to my flu, or me recovering from flu, and the wheezing I am hearing all the time, I think it better that I skip the cross-trainer once again.

Friday.

How can it be that I feel even worse this morning that I did yesterday? Lack of sleep does not help I know, but I could quite happily go to sleep all day. At least the commute is just walking down the stairs and switching the computer on.

I write mails, answer phone calls. and in-between I cough loudly for the entertainment of the cats.

The day passes.

In the evening we decide to head out because both of us have been feeling so crap we felt we really should make the effort. We drive out to Deal as I wanted to try another micropub, and this one is on the POTY list, so I HAD to visit this one.

It is in an old corner shop, the staff were friendly, the beer excellent. Jools has a nice cider, so we're both happy. We need to find somewhere to eat, but it being Valentine's Day most places are full. The Indian opposite said they had a table at half nine, the usual place we use on The Strand had a line right out the door. Our last chance is the Raj in Whitfield.

They manage to squeeze us on a large table, and despite being so busy we got our food in good time.

Phew. Bed o'clock.

Just time to try the new camera out on the full moon almost visible through the clouds. Even handheld, I get the shot. Amazing.

ISO 25600

No comments: