Sunday 23 February 2014

Sunday 23rd February 2014

Friday.

As I had been sensible and had just the one beer the previous night, when I woke at five I wasn't feeling too bad. I had a meeting back in Aarhus at nine, but with the dreadful traffic they get, I wanted to be back by half seven at the latest.

And that is why at half five I was checking out, loading the car, programming the sat nav and setting out through the woods to the motorway. There was little on the roads, but I had to be on the lookout for deers and wild boar, but I saw none. Once on the motorway, I put my foot down in the A3 and zoomed the 60 miles to the office, driving through gentle rain which created a little spay which made driving 'interesting'.

But I got to the office at half six, powered the laptop up and got on with work. At nine the meeting began, and that lasted until three when it was time to leave for the airport. As I said in the past, I won't say too much about work these days, but every day is interesting. And I was told by my boss that they are going to have to employ someone in my old role so I am now a permanent QA Manager, which means they must think I'm doing OK....

It's an hour to the airport, which in more drizzle and spray was more 'interesting.' But I arrived safely, checked in, bought some duty free, had a pint in the gastrobar and then it was time to board and sleep. I had been awake for 13 hours already. We took off and I snoozed all the way until we were flying low over Southend. The skies were clear and so the views were stunning, but the strong sidewinds made me close my eyes and whisper to myself 'I love the ground!'

We bounced down, parked in a slot near immigration, and once we were allowed off the plane there was no queue at immigration, my case was waiting at the carousel, and i had a couple of minutes wait for a train to take me to Stratford. I was going to make the quarter past seven train with more than ten minutes to spare,which meant I would be home just about half eight instead of half nine.

Perfect.

I even got a seat from Ebbsfleet, and did a bit of people watching as Essex gave way to Kent as we headed south to home. Jools was waiting for me at the station, and so the weekend could begin......

No comments: