Tuesday 18 February 2014

Tuesday 18th February 2014

Monday.

And back to work. And in Ramsgate.

It is getting light as we leave home, dropping Jools off at the LFB. And so as i wind my way through the Buckland estate, it is light, with the soon soon to poke its head above the horizon. At least with half term being on, the traffic is lighter than ever, and so the drive is pretty much enjoyable, although there are those to whom indicating and getting in the correct lane is something only others should do.

The sun is already up as I exit the harbour tunnel, and as planned, the monkeys are just loading the boats out for a day offshore.

I have a packed day, fuelled by frequent cups of strong coffee and much merrymaking and moaning with Peter at least, who shares my world-weary views on life further up the management chain, and those who live and work in the monkey house. He even makes my day when he asks if I want the spare ticket for The Stranglers in Folkestone next month. Result.

I meet up with Jools in dover where I need to pick up a few things, like a new belt. And whilst we wait for the Poles to clean the car we head to coffee house for, er, coffee. And cherry shortbread. Or at least I do. It all seems very nice to do something different on a work night.

Also different is the evening when I head back down to the Rack of Ale for the monthly CAMRA meeting. And beers.

It all is more pleasant than last month's, with no name calling and trash talk, which, when you think is from a group of old hairy blokes, old enough to be my Granddad is rather surprising. food had been laid on, as well as a talk by the area's two newest brewers who are re-creating tudor brews from the metropolis that is Eastry.

Jools picks me up at half nine, by which time I am full of beery goodness and blabbering along very well.

Good night.

Tuesday.

Working from home.

Mails to write.

Meetings to arrange.

Flights to book.

Because tomorrow I am off to the frozen north once again, just for a couple of days. Team building and audits. What a rock and roll lifestyle I lead.

Anyway, I will be away until Saturday. Just to let you know. Be good.

Oh, and I got a new camera bag today. Something to protect the boys if I slip on ice again, as the top pouch on the old one did not protect the camera in there. So, another new era. The last one I port in Portland, Oregon in 2005; it done well.....

That's my bag, baby

No comments: