Friday 3 October 2014

Friday 3rd September 2014

Thursday.

Somedays, things just do not turn out the way we planned. I had high hopes for getting stuff done at work, or the stuff I had planned, but work had other ideas and I got endlessly sidetracked. Outside the sun beat down on another golden autumnal day, barely a breath of wind stirred the flags outside the offices. I caught up by three, but by then it was too late to make the long promised start on the travel expenses.

I drove to Dover, picked Jools up at ASDA, as with the thirsty builders in the house, or working on the house, we were nearly out. Should have got some tea bags as well, but I only realised when we got home. Once home we found that the final stages of the skimming of the render was under way, but this process went on for hours until the surface finish was just right. I made tea, gave them cookies and just did what we could to help them finish before dark. In the end they did just make it, half seven with just a hint of light in the sky. We had turned on every light in the house so they could see the walls and so be able to see the finish.

They packed up and left, we were alone, the house was done, and the wind and rain had yet to com e, we had done it. Or the boys had done it.

We had dinner, listened to the radio as a badger came for an early snack.

Its a short post, but triumphant, and I will post shots tomorrow showing the results and you too will be able to see what we have achieved this summer.

Oh, and its the weekend.

No comments: