Wednesday 29 October 2014

Tuesday 28th October 2014

I know its not Tuesday, but I'm a little behind with my writing. I ran out of time on Monday morning, before I had to rush out to catch a train back to the old country. So, here is what we did with the rest of the weekend.

Sunday.

And what to do with the extra hour we have been given with them clocks going back? Well, the obvious thing would be stay in bed, but in fact we did get up, make coffee, feed the cats, check the e mails, and then watch MOTD, as usual.

THe plan for the day was to fix the downpipes so that water would flow into our two new waterbutts. Big water butts. I like big butts. So, we looked at what needed to be done, and headed out to B&Q to get some pipes, joints and the such. Then, back home, have a brew and think how to do it. First was to plumb the one in which was to be fed from the guttering round the roof. I read the instructions,a nd seemed they supplied a joint, and after cutting the pipe in half, put in the joint, added the hos to join that up to the butt. And it worked.

At which point we had another cuppa.

We then constructed a zig zag pipe from the car port roof to the second butt, which as it turned out hasn't worked too well. And I know why: not enough bodge tape!

We had another cuppa. Jools and I moved some plants, I baked, Jools did more gardening. The day passed. The sun went down and so it was time to prepare dinner, steak and chips, whilst listening to the Man Utd v Chelski game on the radio. That ended up a 1-1 draw, but the meal was a triumph, and we were stuffed. And tired.

No comments: