Tuesday 14 October 2014

Tuesday 14th October 2014

Monday.

Back to work.

Man, these Monday mornings roll round so quick you'd believe there was one a week! Outside the rain is still hammering down, it is dark outside, no hint of dawn on the eastern horizon. I do not feel like getting up. In truth its not the getting up its the working bit. Anyway, there's no avoiding it, so we get up, feed the cats, make coffee, have breakfast. I make sure I have everything for work: clothes, bag, car keys, lunch, weight of the world on my shoulders. All checked.

Down into Dover to drop Jools off at the factory, and then up through Buckland, past Tesco onto the Sandwich road, all the while the rain hammered down, so much so it was like driving through a river.

I did have a desk in Ramsgate, as I had written to Pete to make sure he wasn't in. But in fact I could have every desk in the office as the monkeys had been given the day off. So, I switch the computer on, head to the kitchen to make a fresh pot of coffee. And lets get it on!

The morning passes, meetings, answering mails, more meetings. And then it was time to gird my loins, as I had to tackle the pandora's box that was the travel claim backlog. With a separate department for travel and travel claims, it is easy to keep booking travel and just collecting receipts and the such. I quick looks showed I had 60 unassigned receipts on my credit card. Oops! So, I had at least kept each trip separate, so it was a case of getting them in order and then ticking off each bill from the list on the share site. Seven travel claims, one for two weeks with two lots of car hire and five different hotels. All done, assigned, signed, scanned and sent to the filing centre in Warrington. Job done.

And oh look, its time to head to Dover to pick up Jools, go to the doctor to collect more drugs and then home. I make light of the drug thing, but since getting the correct medication, I have had just a couple of bad attacks this year, and although at times I feel congested and shit and that, but it is so much better than two years ago and before that when I thought I was getting flu week after week after week.

I cooked warmed up beef, smoked vegies and more roast potatoes. Another roast dinner in other words. On a school night, which was very nice indeed. So, the day over, I end it by watching a fab documentary on the Russian Space program, the Russian Right Stuff if you will, and so another days passes. The rest of the week promises a trip to Denmark, meetings and more meetings.

No comments: