Friday 5 December 2014

Friday 5th December 2014

Happy St Nicholas Day (if you're in Holland)

But that is today, this was yesterday.

Thursday.

I must apologise for yesterday's post, in that I was angry. Angry with the world in general. That might have come over in my tone. Why why I angry? Well, I was following tweets from someone from a Parliamentary select committee looking into government cuts of the legal aid budget, and it turned out they did the cutting first and then looked at what effect those cuts might have had, rather than doing the checking first. One is tempted to ask, which other departments cut first and asked questions later, if at all, and who cares if the government doesn't about the people effected? The sheer imcompitance of these people is mindblowing to be honest, that at least one family has had their child taken into care, and they do not have to money to challenge that in the courts, as legal aid has been cut, thus they have lost their child, and the child has lost its family.

But hey, it saved a few quid, so no harm done, eh?

Thursday night, Martin Mill

In a change to the norm, I went to the office in Ramsgate, and as Jools works in Hythe which is in the opposite direction, she has to take the train and then the bus to get to the factory, and leave on the half six train from Martin Mill to get there in time. It is still the middle of night when I dropped her off at the station, and it feels cold. Winter cold. But then it pretty much is winter I guess. After dropping her off, I wnt back home for breakfast, pack for work, and then set off into the rush hour traffic.

There is nothing I miss about the morning commute to Ramsgate, many I know will have worse, but getting near Ramsgate, to get in the right hand lane of the by-pass one has to drive like a loon to get a space in able to turn, then there is the drag dwon to the Lord of the Manor roundabout, having to keep up the the loonies to enable me to stay again in the right hand lane, so I was not in the lane to Westwood Cross. And then I turn off down to the harbour tunnel, now very quiet as the ferry port has closed, so no lorries are racing to make the next crossing.

I had looked at the weather forecast, and it said there would be no wind. Which meant, to me: no monkeys. Or so I thought. But as the wind was in the north, the sea was taking time to calm down, so there was an office of screaming monkeys. I know they work hard, and deserve their toime off, but just try not to be so noisy about it? And then some fell on stony ground......

The went offshore just before midday, and so before my meetings the office was all quiet. Once again. I had the meeting, did some travel expenses. It was half two, all work was up to date, so I packed up and left.

And why not?

Thursday night, Martin Mill

I called in at Waitrose on the way home to get something for tea, turned out to be some fresh lamb, a tagine sauce, and some wine. Back home I added some onions, some fruit, browned the meat and put it all in in a large pan and popped it in the oven to slowly cook. I collected Jools at half six, which makes it a 12 hour day for her, she doesn't complain of course. Back home the tagine is ready and smells wonderful. And tastes sublime.

No comments: