Tuesday 30 December 2014

Tuesday 30th December 2014

Monday.

Back to work.

Or not.

Not.

My manager told me to relax over the holidays, and so that is what I am doing. As I will expand on in a future blog, the year will ramp up very quickly for me in the new year, with even more travelling and work and travelling and work. Well, go get the picture. So, for now, I take things easy, eat cake and drink tea and/or coffee. Oddly enough, booze is something I have only had the occasional drink of all over the holidays.

We get up a little later than the day before, it is just getting light as I draw open the curtains. It looks like it might be a good sunrise: oh no, too late, there it is. Oh well, better have a coffee. I catch up with yet more football on TV, yesterdays Premier League football, and all very exciting and hectic it is. Although managers are angry, but aren't they all?

Jools decides to head into town for the sales, so I stay home and mix up some bread dough, of course. So, I wait for her return.

And wait.

Wait.

And at midday, just as its time to pop the bread in the oven, she returns, just after the kettle had boiled. Should have thought of that before. We have fresh crusty, chilli rolls with the last of the salt beef. Wonderful stuff. And a hooge cuppa. Much better.

Winter sunset walk around Folkestone Harbour

As I think I mentioned before, mother had given us a load of ancinet booze when we were about to leave hers, and so as much of it we won't or do not drink, we found a place for them up in Whitfield at Dad's. So we took the rum, a Southern Comfort, Sherry, Archers and a Peach Chardonnay (!) along with the after shave I think I am allergic to. Quite a bag of loot I think you'll agree. Up at Whitfiled all is full of the festive spirit, I set up Tony's tablet, download solitaire app for him. All is well with the world!

Winter sunset walk around Folkestone Harbour

We then take our leave, then drive to Folkestone as the day has been glorious with endless sunshine, so the sunset I hope would be worth snapping. In the end it was more than that, it was wonderful. We parked up at Wear Bay, walked down to the beach then along the promenade to the harbour.

Winter sunset walk around Folkestone Harbour

All the while the sun was getting lower and lower, eventually eclipsed behind the Grand Burstin Hotel. There wasn't a breath of wind, so the reflections in the harbout at high tide were perfect.

Winter sunset walk around Folkestone Harbour

By the time I got to the far side of the harbour, the sun had set, but the sky looked like it was all on fire. Words fail me how wonderful it was.

Winter sunset walk around Folkestone Harbour

The race was then on to snap scenes as the light faded, I make my way back to the car, then rush to Capel to snap the scene looking back towards Folkestone and the blood red sky.

The Warren

Finally, we call in at the NT's place up on the cliffs so I could take some shots of the docks at dusk, although by then it was almost dark. I take a few shots, and we finally turn for home, with the temperature already below freezing, and above the stars were already beginning to shine.

Three Ferries

We watch The Muppets on TV, whilst eating the rest of the rolls and washed down by yet more tea. A fine end to the day, and just two more before the end of the year.

Winter sunset walk around Folkestone Harbour

No comments: