Wednesday 31 December 2014

Wednesday 31st December 2014

And welcome to the end of the year.

This will be the first of three blogs today, this one will deal with events of yesterday, one will deal with events of today, and the final one will be a look back at the whole year.

Tuesday.

OK, is it Tuesday? Is there any way of telling? I mean, it could be any day of the week, but looking at my friends on FB I see some have gone back to work, so that would seem to rule out weekends.

We start the day with bacon. Because:

In the beginning was the word. And the word was: Breakfast. And Jelltex said let there be bacon, and there was bacon. And it was good. It is true, that one of life's pleasures is the smell of bacon cooking, I think I could be a vegetarian, as long as there is no bacon cooking nearby. Or steak.

Sunset at Dover from St Martin's Battery

My plan to head into town for the sales to buy some shoes and/or trainers came to nothing as I listened to the radio, edited photos and the rest of the stuff that fills my life when I am not working. In the afternoon, Jools played with fire. Or at least lit a bonfire and fed it with broken pallets until it got dark. I made coffee at regular intervals, all seemed fine.

Sunset at Dover from St Martin's Battery

At just gone three, I drove up to St Martin's Battery in the hope the sunset would be as wonderful as Monday's. I stood on the bank in front of the gun emplacements as the sun set behind me, the scene in front of me changesd as the final rays of the setting sun left the castle on the other side of the town. Darkness quickly fell, as did the temperatures: I snapped the scenes as the light faded until I got too cold and decided to head home for a warming coffee.

Sunset at Dover from St Martin's Battery

I made chorizo hash for dinner, which was very good indeed, doubly so as we seemed to have missed a meal out during each of the previous two days. Not that we went shot food-wise what with the snacking. And cake.

We watched the first of the Planet of the Apes reboots in the evening, outside a fox came to feed once again. Just after ten a second one came, and briefly they fought until one bowed out and made a run for it.

No comments: