Monday 22 December 2014

Monday 22nd December 2014

Saturday.

And relaxxxxxxx.

Saturday morning, no need to go shopping as Jools had already done that. So after a bit of a lay in, I get up to make coffee and cook bacon sarnies, after Jools reminded me that there was a pack left over from the previous week. So, what to do with the day, especially as the sun was due to shine. However, my back was grumbling, and grumbling loudly. So, after breakfast, we put on our walking boots for a short walk along the road.

Saturday morning leg-stretcher

It was soft under foot to say the least, and I found my back let me walk at one speed: slow. So, we kinda shuffled over the fields, where just before Fleet House a couple of ponies have taken up residence in the paddock. There were warnings on the fence surrounding the paddock asking the ponies not to be fed, and as we had no food with us, we could buy comply. The ponies were friendly enough, but did nibble our fingers just to check if we had any food with us.

Saturday morning leg-stretcher

We walked on to the pig's copse, and three well grown piglets came running over in the hope that we might have some food. We took in the views over to Ringwold, looking down the two lanes, but seeing that both were mudbaths, we decided to turn for home. My back agreed.

Saturday morning leg-stretcher

I listened to Fighting Talk, then settled down for an afternoon of football, as Norwich were kicking off at lunchtime playing top of the league Derby County. In a frustrating game, City took the lead only to concede twice in the 2nd half, but then dominated the remainder of the game, and scoring an equaliser in the final minute to claim a point. For the main batch of games, I decided this required extra concentration, so Molly and I took our places on the sofa and snoozed.

Saturday morning leg-stretcher

Outside day turned into evening and then got dark. In between snoozing I decorated the tree, so as it got dark the multi-coloured lights illuminated the room.

It's beginning to slightly feel like Christmas

We cooked breaded aubergine for dinner, washed down with a fine pint of Broadside.

No comments: