Tuesday 2 December 2014

Tuesday 2nd December 2014

Monday.

First day of December.

First day of Advent, or it is in 2014.

And in a change from the previous four weeks, I am going to spend all 5 working days in England, in Kent, mostly at home.

So, Jools leaves for Hythe at just gone seven, leaving me time to make another pot of coffee and have breakfast, before switching on the work computer for, well, work. And what better way to start the day, heck, week, than a 90 minute department meeting, with so many people attending now, now that the department is numbering over 16. To think two years ago it was just Philip and myself that made up the quality department. Now we are just making the numbers up, which is the way, I guess.

Outside it barely gets light, as the skies are heavy and laden with dark clouds. I have the desk light on all days as I work. It feels like it is the depth of winter with those light levels, but not with the fairly mild temperatures out there. Oh yes, the weather: brings me to the annual scare story from one of the right wing red tops, this time the Daily Express which stated in a banner headline last week that Britain was about to enter a three month arctic freeze. Well, it was 17 degrees on Sunday, so shows what they know. And why should this surprise us, that the weather can be cold in winter; who knew? Its like the report in the papers todays that a man who drunk ten cans of Coke a day for two monts put on two stone in weight. If only it said on the side of a can that it contained the same as nine teaspoons of sugar. Oh, yes, it does.

Back to work. I really would like to say I am happy, but then dear diary, its no point putting on gloss on this. I am not. However, I do like the job on the project, and am enthused by the challenge, so I will concentrate on that and ignore the rest. Best way really.

The day passed.

Night fell.

Jools came home.

We had dinner. Forgot what it was. But I guess it must have been OK.

Listened to some radio.

Read some.

Went to bed.

Monday.

But at home.

Happy with that.

No comments: