Friday 21 August 2015

Friday 21st August 2015

Thursday

I know that the English summer has a bad press around the world, but for the most part we have long fine warm summers, only occasionally like in 2013 does it rain. A lot. Rain, when it does come, is usually in heavy showers and soon clears up again. But then, at other times, the rain just sets in and with little wind to drive the clouds away, the rain just walls. In fact on Thursday, the rain was not heavy, but fell in a steady drizzle all morning, and at times mist drifted by, obscuring the village from view. It was dull, grey and I needed the table light on to work with until nearly midday.

The day was quiet as far as work was concerned, the Danish summer holidays just seem to stretch on forever, but that will change next week as most will finally be back at work.

I worked, listened to the radio and waited on the cats hand and foot. Did you speak to anyone Jools asked me in the evening, no just to my feline overlords. Molly and Mulder eat and demad food at much the same time, but Scully has her own timetable and slept to eleven before demanding breakfast, lunch an hour later then went back to sleep. Well, she is a cat. I must have looked a bit peaky, as Molly brought me in two dead moice through the day, the second in a pool of blood by the pin. Poor mouse. I did not eat them!

Looking in the freezer, I saw little to inspire me, apart from a pack of lamb burgers: I realised I had no rolls to put them in, so I make a quick batch of dough and make a great set of six rolls laced with chilli seeds and poppy seeds. In fact they were far too nice just to put burgers in. I have one straight out of the oven, still hot for lunch, which is very nice indeed.

Jools comes home and I cook the burgers which we wash down with beer/cider each to their own. And then the evening stretches out before us. Somehow we fill it with nothing, but soon darkness falls, and as then, as way of getting us ready for sleep, we watch a documentary on quantum theory, which I follow right up until the final experiment, and then I am lost. However, we both sleep well after that.

No comments: