Sunday 16 August 2015

Sunday 16th August 2015

Friday

Back at home, and feeling absolutely shattered. And if that wasn't bad enough, I have a whole morning of meetings to look forward to.

Jools leaves at seven, leaving me to make myself breakfast like the little trooper I am.

I have a meeting with my new boss, yes, another one. And then a two hour meeting on technical issues. I am shattered by half twelve: I have more work to do, but I can't keep my eyes open. I switch off the laptop, but keep the phone on, just in case and crash out on the sofa for two hours. I had the radio on, but heard little of it. I felt little better when I woke up, however, it was the weekend, which raised a smile.

The weather was good enough for a walk, but my heart wasn't in it. We had dinner then relaxed for a while before Monty came on to tell us about his blight. Once he had finished, it was already dark outside and cool. It was too cloudy to see the meteors, so we called it a night and went to bed.

Saturday.

If anything, I felt worse on Saturday. Jools was concerned, but I knew I just needed rest. One thing there was no getting away from was the fact that we had to go shopping. So, we gathered ourselves after coffee to drive to Tesco. We go round gathering stuff we need for the week and beyond. We escape before half eight and are back home, unpacked and having breakfast at nine. I feel like doing little else other than listening to the radio, and as Danny Baker was back on, why not?

At eleven we had to go round the old folk's place to fix their computer problems. Only, they were not in, so we said hello and goodbye to Betty and come home.

Coffee and a bar of chocolate, then the radio goes back on for more football. It is the second week of the season, and I think, upon reflection, I would like to laze around and listen to the radio, maybe drink coffee, snooze and later, make bread.

City kicked off at three and ran out very easy winners against Sunderland, 3-1. That is much better indeed. Its funny how a football result can lift your spirits, but it does. I make some potato bread to go with the prawn stir fry for dinner, which is very nice indeed.

The evening, as the one previous, was for relaxing. We watched some semi-informative TV before bed was calling at just gone nine. Lets hope Sunday is more exciting, hey kids?

No comments: