Thursday 20 August 2015

Thursday 20th August 2015

Wednesday

You know, its funny how the stress and strain of the last trip is quickly slipping and fading into the past. I mean it was only last Thursday that I had that nightmare trip back, and yet, six days at home, and with a weekend, shas made me relaxed; as has the good night's sleep I have had. And with the exception of the fact my legs are killing me from the walk-cum-slither back from the cliffs on Tuesday, I could not be better! I have what is looking like two more weeks at home, or at least all of next week anyway, then a bank holiday weekend and then maybe a two days trip to head office.

So, still home, and still enjoying it. As ever.

And in the addition of being home every afternoon just as soon as I switch the computer off, I can eat what I want, drink all the coffee I need and then on sunny lunchtimes, pick fresh raspberries from the laden canes, pour fresh fresh cream over them, then sit on the bench on the patio in the sunshine eating the, whilst watching butterflies and cats flitting about. What's not to like about that?

I did it Monday and again on Wednesday, and gave me a great feeling of being very darn lucky indeed.

Which I am.

Yesterday promised to be a very warm and sunny day, and even with the weather the way it was, my poor legs ached so much that I did not feel the slightest inclined to go for a walk, with or without a camera. Instead I was happy enough to sit on the patio watching next door's youngest son tackle the two year's vegetation in the back yard, as they are all now back from serving Her Maj in places overseas. And in thanks to the fact we have kept an eye on their place and mowing their lawn once the grass became level with the top of the hedge, they brought be a bag of German beer, which was nice. Very nice.

As nice and satisfying it was to cut their lawn, it was much more satisfying to sit on the patio with frosty glass of beer watching someone else, someone younger do the manual work in the garden.

That being said, apart from doing the latest load of washing, hanging it out, the day carried on much as you would expect. The radio played, I read, and responded to mails, did tasks and generally made the day pass in a fairly quick and painless manner. As it does.

In the evening, we came to the very difficult decision that we could not afford to go to Japan next spring, but instead we will be saving like billy-o so we can travel to the far east in the Autumn next year. We have an amount of cash to save, which we will try to do each month and see how the situation goes in January, at which point we will be in the postion to book flights and hotels and all that stuff. So, a tad disappointed, but then excited as well. Japan. Us. Next. Year. Woot!

I did treat Jools to listening to more football in the evening, so Championship football, QPR v Wolves, but just the second half.

And apart from clearing up the occasional dead rodent brought in by various cats, that was your Wednesday.

No comments: