Friday 23 October 2015

Friday 23rd October 2015

Thursday.

I was awake at five with a thumping headache, but I did sleep well and deep. However, as soon as I was awake, the allergy thing built up again, and so once I was sitting at the table drinking my first coffee of the day, I was sneezing away well. And then, as usual with these attacks, it just melted away. So slowly, that it took me a couple of hours to realise I was breathing clear and not sniffing all the time.

Which was just as well, as work went crazy soon after I powered up the laptop. Meetings, mails and more meetings. When I had some free time, it was half one, and too late for lunch. I had cooked myself a couple of pancakes for breakfast at nine, which did see me though the day, but by four I was rather hungry.

At three I switched the laptop off and collected the large bundle of travel expenses, and took a walk into the village to the post office to send the to the office for filing. It was, of course, good to get some fresh air, even it was just a 15 minute walk into the village, a chat with the woman behind the counter, and a walk back. More than enough to get the juices flowing, and with the weather being very dark and grey, I did not bother to take a camera with me, so there are no shots of the walk for you!

We dined well on cheese and crackers followed by apple and blackberry crumble topped with lashings of custard. Wow, that was good, and so filling. Old Skool!

The evening, as is the way on winter Thursday's was taken with re-runs of an old TOTP, this time from the late summer of 1980, presented by "TV on the radio" Tommy Vance. And he managed to be even more embarrassing than the usual presenters by flirting with the teenage audience, then saying " I like things that comes in small packages, and here's someone who comes in a small package, Suzi Quatro! I think she did a good job of not being affronted by that, and went on to promote her new single, album and tour. What a trouper. Adam and the Ants were on, for their first perfomance, and Tommy, correctly as it turned out, tipped them for big things. They would be number one by Christmas.

We ended the day watching "Who do you Think you Are" with Francis de la Tour: it is interesting, but why is it people want to find that they are related to nobility? I mean, whatever happened these people would be the same either way, what happened, happened, and nothing would change that, other than what their friends might think. Francis was related to nobility, but there was the story of affairs, illegitimate children and alcoholism and an early death.

On that light note, I'll bid you farewell for today!

No comments: