Wednesday 21 October 2015

Wednesday 21st October 2015

Tuesday

According to the forecast, Tuesday was to be the best day of the week for weather. Once we were awake, looking out of the bathroom window, we saw three planets lines up with the half moon, all bright as anything, but apart from the moon, Venus was dazzlingly bright. As the sun neared to rising, the stars faded to nothing as the sky lightened.

Sunny Tuesday Jools left for work, and so I made another coffee then stood in the back door as the sun rose. It already felt warm. Looking down at the flower beds I saw that all the plants were covered in dew. And once fully daylight I went out with my camera to record the moment.

Pearly Dewdrops Drop With me having caught up at work, it was a monitoring remit for me, checking for mails and making sure I was on top of everything. I sat on the patio whilst I had lunch, a simple ham sandwich, but it was gloriously warm out there, and with plenty of birds on the wing, and many insects about, it almost felt like summer. It was only how low in the sky the sun was, just above the trees in the village the other side of the valley, giving the truth to the time of year.

A walk in the autumn sunshine It was more than warm enough to have the back door open, and so I failed to hear Molly each time she brought me in a gift, I must look peaky, as she brought me a couple of baby rats, and was most put out when I failed to eat them up. I rewarded her with some kitty kibbles, and she was happy enough with that.

A walk in the autumn sunshine After what seems like a week under leaden skies, drizzle and just yuk weather, and Tuesday dawned as a bright and sunny morning, and turned into a perfect golden autumn day. Perfect, then, for a walk at the end of the working day, when there was still some warmth in the afternoon sunshine.

A walk in the autumn sunshine Across the fields, past the butterfly glade to the pig's copse, long enough to see the trees beginning to turn golden.

The only crop as yet unharvested is the flax in the field over the other side of the valley, must be dried out by now. All other fields are ploughed and seeded, or so it seemed.

That week of rain has turned all roads from the pig's copse into mud baths, and I did not feel the need to get that muddy, so I walked home along Collingwood, past the now empty midden, now that it has spread on the fields all abouts, down the slope to home.

A walk in the autumn sunshine Back home for another session on the cross trainer, then ready to make dinner, well, put in the jacket spuds in the oven, and wait for the three hours for them to cook to the point of being too burnt to be edible, but just how I like them. There was football on the radio, more European football, and against all odd, Arse beat Bayern by 2-0, making me eat my words. Again.

No comments: