Saturday 31 October 2015

Saturday 31st October 2015

Friday

I can't explain how I know that an allergy attack is coming. But I do. I woke up at four, being able to breathe clearly, no rattle, no sniffs. And yet I knew it was coming. In half an hour I beagn to sniff, and once up and down in the kitchen feeding the cats, the sneezing started. Here we bloody go again. And it was all my fault. I think. Having been allergy free for a few days, when I had a shower the night before, I spayed deodorant on rather than use the roll on stuff.

I thank that is the reason, but it is only a guess. I think that the scent accumulates under the duvet, and as I sleep, the duvet funnels the fumes to my nose. It seems to fit what happens. I take drugs, but at least I can lollygag around all day wit hit being the final day of our holiday.

Autumnal Dawn We talk about what we are going to do with the garden, we have a bag of bulbs to plant, and a whole load of plans what to do with them, but with my sneezing and sniffing, and like a zombie from lack of sleep, it was clear I did not feel like gardening that day, so we put it off for another tomorrow.

In a not so surprising move, I have enough about me to listen to the radio and edit photographs. Well, you're not that surprised really, are you? The morning passes, we have cheese and crackers. In fact we have cheese and crackers at ten past ten. I have wine and Jools has cider. Probably too early, but it felt good to be drinking wine at that hour. Something felt good, other than how shitty and low I was in myself.

More of the same in the afternoon, although I bake shortcakes, which we have soon as they are cool enough to eat.

Autumnal Dawn My friend Gary and his wife came round at half three. It is good to see them again, we have more tea and cake with them.

The day is gone, with the Steve Lamaq show on the radio, I cook breaded pork for dinner, which we both have more booze: Old Crafty Hen for me, it is perfect, with the lentil dahl and sweetcorn, plenty of fibre and fire from the lentils.

At some point in the evening, the allergy just fades away. It takes some time for me to notice, but it had gone. his would mean I would sleep well and feel human again in the morning. I hope.

No comments: