Monday 5 October 2015

Monday 5th October 2015

Post # 1351

Sunday

I begin the day with coffee and the highlights from Saturday's football. Whilst outside another glorious dawn turned into another day of warm unbroken sunshine. In October.

Yesterday did feel like the last day of summer; after a week of balmy warm weather, endless sunshine and clear blue skies, all was to change on Monday. The forecasts have said it is 'all change' with it getting windier and wetter. So, best make the most of it then.

Sunday morning walk on the last day of summer But that gave s one last day to enjoy the warm, reap the autumn fruit and generally pretend we are less than three months away from Christmas.

We had a second demojohn of gin to fill with sloes, and with the season almost over, we had to go in search of new stores, as what there have been around us have all now gone over or already in gin.

Sunday morning walk on the last day of summer I said we should try Barrow Down, the other side of Otty Bottom Road, which meant taking the usual path over the fields, past the pigs (still not gone to 'market'), the sheep (theire transport for their trip to the 'market' has arrived and would be lamb shops in a couple of days). Dwn the dip, up the other side, and, phew, man its hot.

Sunday morning walk on the last day of summer But we did find more sloes, just about enough for the second batch, and if we hurried back, time for lunch before the football begins.

I help Jools in the garden, but there is a Merseyside Derby to listen to at half one, and so once the spring bulbs are in, I head inside, make a brew and snooze on the sofa whilst the game plays out. Ends in a 1-1 draw, which was OK for both teams. But later, Liverpool sacked their manager, after their poor start. Something for the radio to talk about, then.

Sunday morning walk on the last day of summer I was channel flicking at the start of the Arsenal v Man Utd game, nothing to miss in the opening ten minutes, no? Well, yes. Two quick goals from Arse put them on top, then a third before the 20th minutes. Whilst Jools goes to see Nan, I make dinner: steak and all the trimmings, which was very good indeed, even if I say so myself. I have two and a half glasses of red, and that is me done. Already outside it is dark, and the weekend has slipped by, and tomorrow I am on my travels. Again.

No comments: