Saturday 27 August 2016

Friday 26th August 2016

At last, there is a little breeze to stir the air in East Kent. To make matters worse I had Molly sleeping against my back all night, as nice as that is, she is like a hot water bottle. Anyway, considering the temperature didn't drop below 20 degrees, we did sleep in the end.

And I have a nice day working from home, which should be a pleasant thing, no?

Misty in August Maybe.

After breakfast and the second and third coffees I dare switch the computer on and deal with the latest rounds of hand grenades. Molly sleeps under my chair and is always hopeful when I get up to make a brew that I might feed her. She is mostly right.

The day goes well, I get stuff done. Stop to have lunch, have meetings on the phone. And all is done for the week.

My shoulder has been getting worse for some ten days now. And with sleep now broken every night, I think I had better go back to the chiropractor. Once Jools comes home, I take the car to go to the surgery. I explain what had happened, he gives my shoulder a good feel and declares that the scar tissue has mostly healed, but the muscle is very tense. So, so pummeling is administered. And vibrating, and pulling and pushing.

Once he was done I felt pain free, but I knew that by the morning it word hurt real bad.

Now, what to have for dinner? We think maybe fish and chips, or maybe a Chinese. But neither of us want to drive to collect them, so we decide to go to The Swingate Inn, which has been an Indian restaurant for some time now, but we have never been. It is a 5 minute drive, and after parking we manage to secure the one remaining table. It is very nice inside, and the food smells wonderful. We even order starters, I have tandori prawns, which were delicious, and then follow up with lamb something, which was just about spicy enough to just be able to be eaten.

And that is that, I take to my bed once home, with an ice pack on my shoulder, hoping sleep would take me. Which it does in time.

1 comment:

LaBelleProvince said...

The resto has very good reviews on TripAdvisor:
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g186313-d5039094-Reviews-Namaste-Dover_Kent_England.html