Monday 8 August 2016

Sunday 7th August 2016

There are some summer days when the sun shines, and it feels just glorious. Other summer days can be rainy, dull or windy. Sunday was a mix of cloud and wind. A stark contrast to the sun and heat of Saturday, we woke up to find it even felt cool, cool enough to close windows and the back door.

I watched as butterflies tried to land on flowers, then give up and cling to the path in fear of being blown away. Needless to say, it was not a day for going out, or not until late afternoon when the clouds were due to thin. So, for the morning we did cores, hobbies and listened to the radio. Sometimes a lazy day can be just what the doctor ordered.

After breakfast of bacon butties I sat down to re-write the last of the Japan blogs, and each one re-posted with many additional photos. It was a satisfying process, remembering to add much additional information, building on the framework of what I wrote at the time.

After a small lunch of cold aubergine and pasta salad, we waited for the weather to improve, but it really didn't. I suppose we should have gone out and do something, but couldn't really decide what.

I cooked steak for dinner, but I wasn't really hungry, although Jools said she was really hungry. We had a bottle of homemade elderberry wine with it, all seemed fine.

However, as we sat on the sofa digesting dinner, I began to feel unwell. Quite unwell. Anyway, not wishing to linger too much on the details, I had eaten something that clearly did not agree with me.

Needless to say, the rest of the evening wasn't pleasant, and neither was the night either.

But I lived to fight another day, I suppose.

No comments: