Thursday 11 August 2016

Tuesday 9th August 2016

After nine hours sleep, things didn't seem quite so bad to be honest.

Which is just as well really.

It was another glorious summer day, but I was to be stuck inside for most of the day, working away on the computer and sorting issues out.

A summer's afternoon walk to The Dip But during the day I did manage to order a pension statement, order a new work credit card, get a report on my state pension, and so I now feel I have an understanding of how my working life, all the way back to 1981, is going to benefit me and Jools when we come to retire. All serious grown up stuff I think you'll agree.

By ten in the morning, I had a raging appetite, and clearly, or so my stomach said, that a simple sandwich wasn't going to be enough. I look in the freezer and see a pot of chili dating from the time of the dinosaurs. I defrost it in the microwave, then heat it on a plate, and in ten minutes it is ready. Sometimes what the modern world is capable of is amazing, really.

A summer's afternoon walk to The Dip I work through until half three, at which point I have caught up, so decide to stretch my legs with a walk. THe sun was at its warmest, and there was next to no breeze, but it should have been good walking over the fields.

A summer's afternoon walk to The Dip I pick up my camera, fitted the macro lens, on the offchance I might see some butterflies and set off. High summer is well upon us now in East Kent, the air was full of the sound of harvest, although the fields either side of the track had not been started as yet. In the hot weather, the wheat "popping" could be heard. Away towards Kingsdown, the sea could be seen between a fold in the downs, just a blue smudge.

A summer's afternoon walk to The Dip The pigs were all fast asleep in the heavy heat, the horses seems to be busy chomping at the short turf in their field, and the small flock of sheep at the top of the dip has gone, to market or worse.

I went no further, just looked down the dip and up the other side. It was all dried to dust once again.

A summer's afternoon walk to The Dip I walked back, via the glade, and there were a few Common Blues and Brown Argus about, but they were flighty in the warm conditions, and despite staying there for half an hour, I only got a few poor shots.

Another 5 days at home were coming to an end, and yet more travel on Wednesday was beckoning. So I try to make the most of the last afternoon and evening, but time just slips through my fingers.

A summer's afternoon walk to The Dip We have chorizo hash for dinner, then I have to pack to be ready to rock and roll in the morning. As I am staring a three way trip via Leuven and Newcastle!

All too soon it is time for bed, the light fades outside. The cats follow us up the stairs

No comments: