Sunday 21 August 2016

Where did it all go right?

The title of this blog has been stolen from Andrew Collin's blog of the same name, for much the same reason.

There has never been any plan in my life, I have done what seems right, and for the most part, its all worked out.

26 years ago I was waiting to join the RAF, and 15 years later waiting to leave.

Ten years ago I went nearly bankrupt, then got myself a crappy job delivering chemicals.

Seven years ago I was working for minimum wage at the box factory, and then laid off just after Christmas.

Two years ago I was made a quality manager, and after some initial problems, ahem, I got into the role.



This week I received a major boost with some nice words and a reward for the work I have done this past year, which was very welcome I can tell you. I have no idea how I have done it, but there you go.

So, a major boot for me. I just wish that all my friends had the same good fortune we have had, although I am told it was all down to my hard work. So, there you go. But then I could not have doine it without the support from Jools and the life that we have here up on the cliffs. Makes all the travel and feeling so tired worthwhile.

Next week, preparations start for the next phase of the project, with me and a colleague going to Ostend to look at our offices and plan work patterns. This will be my communte in a month, driving from home to the tunnel, then Calais to Ostend, 5 days a week. Interesting times ahead. And hopefully, no more travel through bloody Heathrow. But if that's all I have to complain about, well......

No comments: