Tuesday 20 September 2016

Monday 19th September 2016

In a perfect world I should be on my first day of a week off. As it is not a perfect world, I have to work.

At least not getting up to that London, catching a plane and flying to either Denmark or Belgium working, but not being outside in the sunshine and fresh air.

Saying that, as Jools is holding the fort whilst her boss is off, she has to be in work really early, so we are up and about at half five in the morning, and I'm working at the dining room table at seven. Early enough. Heck, I even delay watching the football from the previous evening until "later", when I finish work.

Its not a good day outside, I tell myself, so am satisfied with being indoors, listening to the radio and working away. It happens.

And to make matters worse, its our wedding anniversary, but we're both working, so it don't matter that much. But it does mean I am in when Mum calls to wish us well. Which was nice.

And then my boss asks me to work Tuesday too, which I can't refuse, really. So, same place, same time?

Apart from the anniversary, today was when we switched to fibre broadband, with Sky promising up to 40mbs, which I aughed at, and she said would be the top speed, not the like, actual speed. But anything would be better than the .5 we had up to that point. I a told that I just unplug the old router, and pop the new one in, and it would do the rest.

Can't be that easy, could it?

Well, it was, only we saw little improvement, but we were getting nearly 1 meg upload, and download. The upload speed already double what we had before.

Jools came home, tried the internet, opened the card from Mum and got ready to go out. I mean we could have walked into the village, but in the end Jools said she would drive, then we would be back home even quicker. So, we drive to the Smugglers in the village.

The food is good, we have Mexican starters and then steak for mains. Although I have to say, the steak not a patch on mine, but it came with a Riojas sauce which was OK. We had wine, and then when we came back I had a whisky or two whilst looking at old videos on You Tube.

No comments: