Thursday 22 September 2016

Wednesday 21st September 2016

Up at half five, and then I turn downt he chance to have the car for the day, deciding instead to go for a long walk along the cliffs to Kingsdown.

An autumnal walk Due to the knee-deep mud in the Dip, I had to go down and up Station Road before cutting up through the village.

An autumnal walk The bales still have yet to be collected, making me think I could have spent an extra half hour in bed that Sunday morning last month when I scrambled up early to snap them after the harvester had finished.

Through the village, passing by a few friendly locals, then turning off down a little-used path, cutting across the edge of fields towards the cliffs.

An autumnal walk The house in the village that used to have Autumn Lady's Tresses in the front garden, have now lost them thanks to the new owner likes to mow his lawn so much. What wouldn't I give for orchids in my garden?

But there are still some at the monument, most have gone to seed but a handful have a partial spike still in flower.

An autumnal walk Ad then there is the cliffs. Are the cliffs. Whatever.

Down below, the remainder of an old cliff fall was turning green as the sea reclaimed what was hers. I pass a few people on the path, but not amny. We are all looking for various parts of nature's world. Have I seen any rare bids I am asked. No, just looking for butterflies is my reply

An autumnal walk I walked down along the cliffs to Kingsdown, looking for butterflies, especially Long Tailed Blues, but saw a couple of Small Coppers and a single Red Admiral, and that was it.

But a walk is never wasted, and the cool morning gave way to a warm morning, and hot afternoon.

An autumnal walk I am passed by a troupe of three horses and riders as I walk along the cycle track; it is hot, the horses swish their tails and the riders make small talk. I stand to one side and let them past, so I could snap them really.

I turned for home, walking back over the farmland, past fields that had been spread with much and now ploughed, back to the village where i bought lunch from the shop.

Back home in tome for lunch. Foolishly I have a beer too, this means I take to the sofa and snooze the afternoon through. I seem to have done nothing with my day off, but enjoyed it very much.

There is dinner to make; boiled chicken with rice. Which seems very bland, but it is rather good.

Take some chicken thighs. Remove the skin and place into a pan of water, season then bring to the boil and simmer for half an hour. In another pan fry two chopped onions, a pack of bacon, and fry enough rice for two people in the remaining oil/fat. Add all ingredients into a pan, bring to the boil, simmer until the rice is cooked and there is no excess fluid. It is rather wonderful, and I eat more than I should, as does Jools, but even still there is enough left over for her to take to work the next day.

Another day has passed, we sit on the patio again, cloud covering half the sky, but it is warm enough. I sip the left over wine from the bottle opened, and another day has passed.

No comments: