Monday 19 September 2016

Sunday 18th September 2016

26 years since I joined the Air Force.

I have no idea why these dates stick in my head. I suppose in this case it really did change my life in a most significant way. Anyway. Sunday, day of rest and all that.

We were up at half six again, these darker mornings making it easier to lay in a little bit, even with Mulder's best attempts at waking us up, meowing, dribbling, standing on your chest just purring. Or all of the above,

mostly.

I watch the football, make bacon sarnies, then we decide what to do; we could have gone up to London to see more Open House, but I am fed up with travel. I want to stay home and relax, so that is what I do. Jools does work in the garden, sometimes I help. Sometimes I make pasta salad. And sometimes I listen to the radio.

I am trying to fix the PC, it is very slow online, I think it is the bandwidth, but I am trying everything else first. We do have a new hub to use, so I will mess around with that later.

After lunch we go to visit a friend of mine, Gary and Julie. They live in River, which is a part of Dover, but not THE River, although there is a river that flows through River. Of course. In the same way there is a bridge in Bridge nearby.

Anyway, Gary has some tropical frogs now, so we talk about them and photography and stuff.

We come home at half two and make breaded aubergine to go with the pasta. There is also wine to be drunk, radio to be listened to. All in all its a very relaxing afternoon, and all the more agreeable as Man Utd lose to Watford. Jose is a gift that keeps on giving!

After dinner we sit down to watch the first episode of I Robot, which was OK, but not exactly ground-breaking. Still, one episode down and eleven to go.

As you would expect, we sat on the patio to watch the moon rise and ponder I Robot.

No comments: