Friday 30 September 2016

Thursday 29th September 2016

Summer has ended, autumn bypassed and Denmark went straight into winter!

I am awake at half six, I look out the window of my room and see large dark clouds gathering. I say see, I guess it, as it is still nearly dark, with some hint of dawn illuminating the rest of the sky. Turns out I was right anyway.

After dressing and getting breakfast, I drive to the office, arriving just before the heavens open, night returns and outside the office, rain hammers down, droplets bouncing off the granite chippings that make the ground outside. I shudder, and anyway, I have a full day ahead, beginning with; meetings. And more meetings.

And so, the morning passes, and outside the rain continues to hammer down, if anything, getting harder and more Biblical. And as we work from portacabins, the rain is hammering dwon on the roof, sounding like the devil tapdancing up above.

Thursday I skip lunch as we have dinner out planned for later, and to while away the hours inbetween I have our sharepoint site to tidy up and check on what has been uploaded, this is a task that has been waiting for at least two weeks, and although is dull, completing it gives me a warm feeling inside.

At half three, I am all caught up, well except for the 350 plus e mails that are unread, but if they were important when sent I am sure I would have heard by now. I switch the computer off and drive to the hotel, switching it back on to listen to the radio, lay on the bed and close my eyes. I snooze, the afternoon turns into evening.

I Have a shower, then walk over the road to Flammen where the team is gathering for a night of diet Coke (for them) beer (for me) and BBQ. We eat well, eat well again and are fit to burst. It hits me I am the manager of this team, well, how did this happen?

Back in my room, there is football to watch, Man Utd in Europe, and they were every bit as bad as they were good on Saturday. But still, the evening passes, I set the alarm for five in the mornoing, for on the morrow I return home.

No comments: