Tuesday 8 November 2016

Monday 7th November 2016

Sunday evening, the rain did begin to fall. And continued to fall until we went to bed. And although we were unaware of it, it rained through the night, so come the morning, when dawn eventually came, the ground was saturaed and the rain redoubled.

Jools was back to work, and I was on my first day off, should have been easy day really. But as before, I had a work meeting to attend at lunchtime, so any plans of doing anything other than watching the rain was out of the window. The cats had already had enough, and we going stir crazy, and newly fit Mulder was picking on his sister, as usual, to relieve the boredom.

I have the radio, a full larder and the internet to keep me company for the day. And although I was stir crazy too come dusk, I wasn't bored at all.

And due to the rain, the builders did not turn up, as they would have just drank us out of tea as they waited for the rain to stop. So, it was just me and the cats, who were as long as you fed them each time they meowed. There were the shape of over-filled balloons by then of course, but they were happy. And quiet, which was the main thing.

Just before darkness fell, the rain stopped, and the rays of the setting sun illuminated the next black cloud that was going to soak us. I took a shot.

At the end of the day Once Jools was back home, the clouds cleared and a one-third full moon shone down from an inky black sky.

And so came to an end my first day off. I had achieved nothing other than to relax and attend one more meeting than I should have.

No comments: