Monday 28 November 2016

Sunday 27th November 2016

I wish I could say I used my spare time yesterday in a fruitful manner. When in fact I just wasted the whole day. I guess that in a way, doing nothing is just what I wanted to do, just to not go out, do the garden, or anything. One of the reasons is that my back was telling me that sitting at the dining room table or lifting things in the back garden, that it really didn't want to be really doing those sort of things.

It also didn't help that I slept until half seven, not hearing when Jools got up to feed the cats, in the end it was the smell of brewing coffee that roused me.

I watched MOTD, made bacon butties, drank coffee and listened to music.

Then there was football on the radio in the afternoon, but in a move so out of character I can't explain, I didn't listen to it, instead went out to help carry pot plants to decorate the paved area and shelter. In the end I couldn't let Jools do all the work, or all of it alone anyway. And in working together meant that it looked after my back, and I really did want to be involved in the project. We sat in the shelter, talked about softening what we had done, planting shrubs, roses maybe wisteria, and putting bird boxes up, attracting more and more wildlife to the garden.

Looking good And yes, there was even more football on the radio; we sit on the sofa, me listening to the radio and looking out the window at the birds feeding, stroking Molly: and Jools carried on crocheting her blanket she has been making for months. She tells me it is nearly done, but also that there is more wool to use.

We have cheesy beans on toast for dinner, full up after our fishcakes with garlic and ginger rolls for lunch, so chorizo hash will have to wait for Monday.

We ended the day with Life on Earth II; this time its junglier, which was just magical, watching a new species of river dolphin being chased by BBC cameramen. Same as it ever was.

No comments: