Thursday 17 November 2016

Wednesday 16th November 2016

I woke when the alarm went off at half six with whatever was outside trying to get in. Or more accurately, what was outside trying to get what was in the room, outside. If that makes sense. Thing is, during an offshore project, you get better weather forecasts that most people, and I pay attention, so I knew there was wind coming, but on the ninth floor facing the sea meant the sliding door felt the full force of the, er, force nine wind.

And it was cold. I get up, close the door and get back in bed, cowering under the duvet. But Wednesday was still there.

And did I mention it was raining? It was hoofing it down, like the end of the world. So, the neon lights of the closed bars shone through the downpour as I ate breakfast sharing the breakfast room with the other early risers.

I get the car out of the garage and drive carefully to the office, taking my time, especially round the roundabouts. I arrive safely, but then get wet running from the car to the office door.

I settle down to work, and the business of the day means I fail to notice when the rain stops and the clouds clear and the sun came out. Too early to see the super moon of the previous day, needless to say, but the light outside was fabulous.

At half five, I finish for the day and try to rush home as the sunset looked like it could be sensational. I am stuck at every set of lights, slow moving cars and tractors, but get up just as the sun dipped below the horizon, so was treated to nature's fireworks as the sky and clouds turned red.

I took shots.

Campari Time After a shower, I go downstairs for a strong beer and to wait for my colleagues to assemble before we go into the burger place next door. Whether we eat together or individually, the company would pay the same, so may as well go on one credit card bill, as longs as its not mine too often.

The food is good, and the beer great, we eat, we drink and we laugh, which is what days like these are about.

Another round of drinks is tempting, but I am shattered, and I need sleep, so decline and go back to my room to listen to some music and get an early night.

Sensible at last.

No comments: