Wednesday 9 November 2016

Tuesday 8th November 2016

I am writing this after the US election result was know, just so you know, and little did I know that that yesterday was the end of days. I mean not wishing to sound over-dramatic about it, but with everything Tump said and did, over and over again, and still people voted for him. So amazingly dumb and stupid, but then is is someone from a country the also voted to poke its own eye out, so nice to know we have a challenger for the dumbest nation on earth. One note of caution, although Trump is only in for four years, however, it is very rare for an incumbent president to be ousted. So, unless there were an accident involving a dropped safe or something, then we could have this situation until I am 59 years old. FFS.

I don't blame the US, I mean, as I said above, we've all done something stupid, sometimes even a nation. Not holding a candidate or a 50/50 choice in a referendum, and peddle incoherent dreams and hate, then stuff like this may well happen. The one thing saving Britain from a short, hard Brexit is reality, maybe something similar can help the US.

But that was in the future, not too distant future, but hey.

The rain did indeed stop, and so we had a fine day here in East Kent. It did take until after lunch for the clouds to clear, but once it did, it was a great autumnal afternoon.

An autumnal walk And the guys came back to carry on work in the garden, which for the most part meant clearing mud away, then putting down some edging and then filling the space with concrete. A tone of hard core put down too. And having to move if from the front of the house to the back all had to be done my a single Martin powered wheelbarrow. I tried not to get in the way if I'm honest. And I suppose the strangest thing is that after 11 years, Molly does not now mind odd stuff going on. When Steve came to stay last month, she carried on as normal, and even with the digger and mixer going, Molly still came into the house to demand a mid-afternoon snack.

An autumnal walk So life went on, concrete got mixed and laid, and then the waiting for it to set began.

I could have spent the whole day procrastinating and doing next to nothing, but instead I went out for a walk.

An autumnal walk This time its leafy.

A pause between the rainy days, the sun was supposed to shine and the guys got down to do some concreting in the garden.

Under a cloudy sky, colours are muted and mostly browns, but when the sun shines through a gap in the clouds, trees come alive with reds and oranges.

An autumnal walk I pass a guy walking his puppy, both enjoying the leaves and the fact it wasn't raining.

I walk down the dip, sure I could get past the mudbath at the bottom, which I do, then huff and puff up the long climb the other side.

When I get to the top I find the road back to the village was closed for roadworks, and so the choice was to walk to the cliffs then come back another way, of return the same way. In the end I walk to the top of Otty Bottom Road, take a picture and walk back, getting back in time for lunch.

An autumnal walk Which was nice.

The guys finished at four, just as dusk was falling, it would take a day for the base ofor the shed to set, but tomorrow was going to be wet and windy, so probably no further work to be done.

Work in progress That night whilst Jools did more crocheting, we watched rubbish TV: Celebrity Storage Hunters UK. Now I had no idea who some of the people were, but it was funny. I have seen the original US version a few times, but I struggle to work out why I find this, American Pickers and Wheeler Dealers interesting, or tolerate them enough to sit on the sofa while they play out.

No comments: