Monday 9 January 2017

Sunday 9th January 2017

Now, about rumtopf, wine, silly strong Belgian beer and Stella. All in one evening. Mix with a few Iceland sausage rolls, and add five people sat round a table playing cards, laughing. So, that was Saturday night.

Sunday morning, I had a bad case of "head".

Head is not quite a hangover. In fact quite some way from a hangover, but enough of one to make your head wooly and not want to do much. I had an attack of head all morning, through lunch and into the afternoon. And by the time the head was wearing off, it was getting dark, and the planned walk was cancelled.

I got up at half eight, gingerly. Jools had a coffee waiting, and so I sat on the sofa watching the highlights of most of the previous day's football.

Then there is bacon. Bacon cures most things. Including head. And there are few dishes that cannot be improved with adding some bacon. I had cauliflower soup last week. And it had crispy bacon sprinkled on top. Thus improved. Just by adding bacon. Maybe custard won't be better with bacon, but most things will. Heck, even pancakes and syrup can be improved with bacon. Its bloody marvelous.

Anyway, after the bacon, Jools went into the garden and I do some work at the table. Proper work, on the work computer. I know, amazing isn't it.

We sit in the garden during a period when the clouds thinned, and the sun was warm enough to sit in the back garden, in the shelter, sipping fresh brews. Lovely, eh? Imagine how great it'll be in the summer?

Eight There is a smoothie for lunch. And then mid-afternoon inbetween episodes of Long Weekends and Yellowstone we have a healthy slice of the second Christmas cake. And when I say healthy, it was probably the opposite. But it had fruit in it, so that counts, right?

I watch the final half hour of the Spurs v Villa game, and it was poor. And this was chosen to be shown live across the country. Anyway.

I cook chorizo hash for dinner, then let you tube entertain us as it linked one song with another. Until I found an account that has hundreds of Peel sessions. Sherlock was on, but we couldn't be arsed with it. I mean it's in the i player for a month, so we will catch up some time. Nice that that nice Toby Jones got to be on TV for a change.

No comments: