Wednesday 18 January 2017

Tuesday 17th January 2017

I did feel better, on Tuesday.

Which is nice

And should have done after getting nearly ten hours uninterrupted sleep. I took some drugs before going to bed, and my blocked nose cleared up and so sleep came very quickly.

Orange Tuesday I woke up to hear Jools making coffee, which is always a nice thing. So I get up and go downstairs, to spend some time with her before she left for work. Outside it was another glorious still morning, and away in the south east, the sun rose red and angry.

With taking most of Monday off, it meant a day of catch up on the work computer. Eyes down for a full house!

The day is full on, and so I won't bore you with the details, but then there is the build up and review of the PM's Brexit Speech which I covered in the previous post.

Seventeen Outside it is another glorious, if cold day. I should have gone out at some point, but there didn't seem to be time. Late in the day I made Scotch Eggs for Wednesday's dinner, and then prepared some of the leftover Christmas turkey for dinner that night. Steam some vegetables, mixing up Yorkshire Pudding batter and boiling the potatoes ready for roasting.

The sun sets, and out of the back door I spot a photographic opportunity, just after the sun had set, the sky turned red, and the smoke from a neighbour's chimney disturbed the air. So peaceful, so winter.

Keep the home fires burning In less than an hour we have a full roast dinner, along with a bottle of cheap fizz, and its like Christmas all over again. We have The Museum of Curiosity on the radio as we eat, drink and make merry. It seems so luxurious to have a roast on a school day.

That evening there is football on TV, Lincoln v Ipswich in the cup, and the feeling was that it would be a shock if Town actually won. As it turned out, Ipswich were dreadful, but only lost in the final two minutes as non-league Lincoln caught them on the break and raced down the other end to slot in the only goal. I won't gloat, as City play Southampton tonight, and pride comes before a fall. True, but even more so in football. I don't mock Town when they fail, as our failure is usually close behind.

No comments: