Tuesday 26 April 2022

Monday 25th April 2022

Back to work.

Sigh.

Jools had a doctor's appointment at half ten, so went swimming at six, almost like a normal working day, except she came back two hours later to make coffee, laden with fruit for breakfast.

I was already in my third meeting of the day, and talking to Frank when she came back.

Jools walks to the surgery, and back via the shop, but the chocolate she got would do after dinner. I cooked the remainder of the breaded aubergine for lunch, taking ten minutes or so, and tasted almost as good it freshly prepared.

Outside, the sun of the weekend was gone. It was cloudy, and a very keen "moderate" breeze blew. I checked with my legs and back about the possibility of a walk and they both reported back in the negative.

Jools went to work, leaving me and the cats.

I also had the oportunity to try the new webcam I bought over the weekend. After a Windows update the built-in one in my work laptop just stopped. This is the third time it happened, and the first two times it sorted itself out, but not this time. So I dazzle my colleaguues with video conference calls with them for the first time in two weeks! Sadly, Henrik noticed that there were fewer bottles of sloe gin in the CD shelves behind me, making me look like some kind of old soak.

Other than that, there is no news, really.

The lawnmeadow has exploded with life, and Ribwort Plantain are springing up all over it, so please have this as the shot of the day.

One hundred and fifteen But too cold to see any butterflies either, and no swallows or martins here as yet.

I finish work, watch another train video, then prepare dinner, our old favourite chorizo hash, which I decide will taste better this time with wine.

I am working through the shots I took on Rhodes, comeing to the end of the 4th day, the most orchid-packed ones, should be easer for the last three days, and maybe have them done by the end of April, and there was me thinking it would take months.

Entertainment for the evening was Palace v Leeds, which I don't get in to, so go to bed at half time, not before noticing it was still light at gone eight in th evening.

No comments: