Friday 22 April 2022

Thursday 21st April 2022

Queen Betty's birthday.

And another work day for me.

And we laid in late due to the late return from the dning club, meaning we did not get up until nearly half seven, and I was having my first coffee at seven when my phone gave a funny noise and i realised that I should have been in a meeting.

So quickly set up the office and join, blaming my late arrival on "IT issues", which is totally believable.

Its the official meet the new boss meeting, others introduce themselves and history, and so I get to see how highly educated my colleagues in India are. The meeting goes on the 90 minutes, Jools goes to work and I'm hungry and need more coffee.

So, I have breakfast and make dough for a loaf, and with it being a sunny if cool day, put the bread in the tin on the kitchen windowsill to rise. I get into another meeting and time gets away, so when I look at the loaf again it is out of the tin and about to overlow the sill.

One hundred and eleven I put it back ontop of the rmainder of the loaf, put in the oven to bake, but it overflows again and so I get the Elephant Loaf, double the amount I was expecting.

Tastes good though.

I give in and put the heating on, and so am soon warming up. I have lunch of plentiful fresh crusty bread and delux apricot jam from La Belle France.

And tea. Lots of tea.

THe day peters out with me suffering a migraine, so lay on the sofa for 90 minutes until after three.

That'll do pig. That'll do.

Dinner is Caprese, and fresh bread. We have lots.

And with it I finish the wine brought back from the club.

Cheers.

As darkness fell, the fox was in the garden, feasting on peanuts, it was just about bright enough to get shots.

Foxy So I do.

No comments: