Wednesday 27 April 2022

Tuesday 26th April 2022

Whatever I say about work in the post, I can tell you there was improvement on Wednesday, so weeks of grumbling and complaining was wiped out.

Which was nice.

Jools was pretty much caught up at work, so she could go for a walk here before driving to Hythe, I should have gone with her, but after nearly missing a meeting last week, I wanted to make sure I was all logged in my seven, just in case.

And I know you are going to say that I should check Outlook before logging off the evening before, and you would be right, what about meeting invites that came in overnight, which in a global company is possible.

One hundred and sixteen Big news is that a new lawnmower was being delivered. As I have probably killed our current one. The motor housing came loose, and yanking on the staring chord I think bent the housing for the carburetor​, and after watching a video on how to fix it, which seemed staightforward, I took the old one off only to find it was nothing like the one on the video and the long bolts securing it to the housing would not find their locating scew threads.

Sigh.

So, instead of having a lawnmower that did not run, I now had a partially dis-assembled lawnmower that did not run. So, after 13 years of the old one, we ordered a new one.

Out for a walk again So that was coming.

Maybe.

I had coffee.

Another coffee.

Breakfast.

Another coffee.

Would another coffee help? Maybe not.

We have a meeting: audit status meeting. I have no status to report as I have done no audits thus far in 2022.

Please fill in your holiday in the planner my soon to be ex boss said.

Si I seek out the planner, a spreadsheet (of course), and I find that I have audits planned every weeks for months.

Out for a walk again I panic, and call Henrik.

Are you looking at this year's plan he asks?

I was looking at last year's.

Phew.

Panic over.

After lunch I go for a walk.

Maybe a little early, but what the heck, I could always work to four or later if something came up.

Out for a walk again I walked up Station Road, past the monument, then up to Windy Ridge, past the farm, back along the lower trach and over Collingwood back home.

Lots of St Mark's Flies about, mostly on Alexanders. The 25th was St Mark's Day, so my snaps of the flies were a day late, but still good to see, and a sure sign Spring is pushing on.

Out for a walk again Dinner was easy: defrosted shepherd's pie, frozen corn and the remainder of the beef gravy.

And lovely it was too, lots of meaty flavours, washed down with a huge brew.

And for the evening there was football for the eyes and for the ears, as I watched Fulham v Nottingham Forest whilst listening to the Citeh v Real game. The former ended 0-1, and was a cracker, the latter ended up 4-1 and was off the scale.

No comments: