Thursday 28 April 2022

Wednesday 27th April 2022

Pay day.

And a day in which clarity actually happened.

Rather than being a lone gun, it turns out there was a plan after all, just no one informed me or my part of it.

I had a meeting, which I had dreaded, and yet it ended with me being happier more enthused.

I am happy, but disappointed that it has taken what is nearly 16 months for it to come. But still.

So, a good day in the end. But it started with me sleeping through the alarm, mainly as Mulder brought in a mouse during the night and we chased Mulder who was chasing the mouse around the bedroom. Sleep took a long time to come.

One hundred and seventeen So, Jools got up at five, got ready for work and went swimming first, which is why the house was empty when I came down.

Coffee was ready to go. So I put the pot on, wiped the sleep from my eyes and checked the interwebs.

Not need to ask, we're all screwed.

I drink my coffee and then get the office ready, making a batch of dough for lunch and the rest of the week, leafing it to rise on the oven tray rather than in a tin.

I had created another monster, so big it too cutting two slices from it to make it fit into the tin once cooled. I ate those slices with melted butter and the finest apricot jam.

A matter of loaf and death Lovely.

Then there was the meeting. I mean, that I didn't see coming, but afterwards I had a clear plan ahead, so got started.

By the end of the working day, I went out to try to put the new mower together. As the reviews said, instructions were Ikea level vague. I got the handles attached, just need to do the electrics, which we will sort out over the weekend.

Scully Dinner was a bit of fusion: shoarma chicken, stir fry and crispy noodles.

And wine.

The chicken I marinated with the shoarma spices all day, and once cooked the smell of the exotic spices hung round the house until the morning.

THere was football on the telly box, but truth was, I was pooped. We went to bed at half eight, and hopefully would have a mouse-free night.

No comments: