Thursday 21 April 2022

Wednesday 20th April 2022

Although it only felt like Tuesday, it was in fact Wednesday. Therefore the four day week is really the gift that keeps on giving.

It was to be a filled day, what with me meeting my new boss and later us going to the dining club for supper.

It is now almost daylight just about at five, and the sun seems to rise soon after, though that is now out of sight of course. Birds sing before then, singing for joy of spring and the work that the season will bring them, raising a new generation.

Scully comes in to check on us, and Cleo flies from laying against my legs to let her know that Cleo is Queen upstairs.

All ready for the new day.

So, at then I have the meeting: new boss and old boss, quizing me on my main project.

What I can tell you is that new boss is not stupid, in well-versed in Q and issues. Old boss interjected on occasion to make excuses why things are the way they are.

A cool afternoon walk In the end, new boss deduced there was a conflict of interest and he would clarify that next week and arrange a follow up meeting.

Impressed.

I have lunch.

It looks warm outside, but there is a keen wind blowing. I resit the temptation to put on the heating, but have my fleexe on and done up as I sit and work, though I don't get sleepy.

A cool afternoon walk I didn't feel like going for a walk, but knew I should.

So I did.

I did a reverse of a usual walk, along the street from the house, up to Collingwood, then down the little dip past the ponies and horses to the end of Windy Ridge wood, then along the ridge to Station Road and back home.

A cool afternoon walk It was cool, nearly cold in the "moderate" breeze, and with that, no butterflies seen once again.

Alexanders in the hedgerows are having a great year, with plants now a metre and a half tall.

I walk down Station Road to home, needing a brew to warm up as I thought that I would go out sans coat, as I thought walking would keep me warm. Maybe not the right decision.

There was no dinner to prepare, as we were going out, but there was two saffron buns to finish, so once Jools arrived back, I toast those once cut in two, smother in butter, and they go down well with a brew.

We had an hour before the meal was due to start, so managed to get into Deal with enough time to call into the Just Reproach for a swifter and for Jools to buy a carry-out to go with our dinner.

One hundred and ten I had a bottle of good vin rouge, so after downing our drinks, we wander along Middle Street to the Club, are shown to a nine seater table, as we would be sharing it with six other people, so we could talk to other people.

And we did.

I talked mostly to Heather sitting next to me about all sorts of stuff, he husband, Charlie was indeed a Charlie, but all good humour.

We had anti-pasto, followed by veal and ended with home made Panettone. With ice cream.

And was very nice.

All in all, a good evening.

Jools drove us home, getting back at ten, an hour past bed time, and we were tired.

Good night.

No comments: