Tuesday 18 July 2023

Monday 17th July 2023

Monday.

Back to work.

And the BBC weather said there was about a 15% chance of showers.

Mother Nature clearly doesn't read the BBC website, so we had three hours of torrential rain along with thunder and lightning out at sea.

One hundred and ninety eight I took a break from work and stood in the back door looking out as the rain hammered down, clouds overhead drifting by slowly blown by light winds.

Sunny intervals Come the afternoon the day brightens, ending the afternoon in bright summer sunshine, with temperatures rising.

I am alone in work, at least in the European part of the department, and in reality I am the defacto head of global quality. As all layers of management are out on at least two weeks holiday.

Its black over Willy's Mothers' For which I get no extra pay.

Of course.

By the time the rain eased, it was too wet to go out, but promised myself an early morning stroll from Westcliffe on the morrow.

I prepared dinner, poured beer, and waited for Jools to return from a hard day in the metal purchasing business.

No comments: