Wednesday 5 July 2023

Tuesday 4th July 2023

Independence Day (US of A).

And for me, back to work.

Life seemed better after a good nights sleep. When I got up just after midnight to use the facilities, the full moon was hanging low in the sky, well on its low westward journey through this shortest of nights.

Up at quarter past five, and so I lay in bed listening to the sounds of the morning. The magpies and other corvids busy clearing up any leftovers in our gardens.

My knee is still painful, so even if the weather was to be fine, I would not be going out, so made plans to go into the garden several times during the day to get some air and limp about.

Come in number three It was on one of these walks that I noticed, now that the ox-eye daisies were going over, that a third Pyramidal spike has emerged in the lawnmeadow, so later in the afternoon I got the shears out and cleared a space around all three spikes. Promising myself I would do more each day.

One hundred and eighty five As for work, well, it happens every day and each day throws a different spanner into the works. I just roll with the punches and run interferance.

There were podcasts to listen to, and cats to feed, all in all meaning I was not bored.

Another day in which storms were forecast, on and off, but there was no way those in the south of France were ever going to drift north to us in those light winds.

Again.

We did get heavy rain later though, which will do the gardens good.

Dinner was defrosted and warmed shepherd's pie and Boston beans. Easy peasy, the lamb from last week's roast and the left over gravy, topped with cheesy mash.

Yummy.

It was nice not have to rush around, and then spend the evening reading, relaxing.

No comments: