Thursday 27 July 2023

Wednesday 26th July 2023

It was a warm, bright still morning. So nice that after checking the internet for news, I took what was left of my coffee out to the patio, and after filling up the feeders, sat with Mulder and Scully, soaking up the rays and watching the birbs.

Wasps have taken to coming to the wooden seat to munch on the wood fibre to make cells for their hive, wherever it is, so I seat there and a wasp is munching away, making wood pulp.

Of course it could be paper for the new version of Macbeth they're working on.

In an infinate universe, everything is possible.

The clock ticks round towards seven, so while Jools has a shower, I set up the office and log on.

Nothing had happened overnight.

Phew.

The day before, I had seen a Dahlia that Jools had bought, flower in one of the raised beds, I was waiting for a sunny day to snap it, and today was that day.

Two hundred and seven Snap.

And back into the house for breakfast, more coffee and work. In which I try to make sense of the agenda I have been handbagging for ten days straight. Instead of thinning it out, I have increased the scope by 10%.

And that's progress.

Meanwhile the day clouded over, wind built, though no rain fell. That would come just after dark, apparently. I looked into the garden, and the fox was waiting for dinner. His fur has improved, and despite being small, he seemed in good spirits. I went out, as he was eating peanuts, to put to packs of the chicken flavour cat food our cats won't eat. The fox retreats, but not too far, as he knows this well by now.

And having filled his bowl up and walking back to the house, Mr Fox approached the dish and eats. With Scully looking on, he eats his fill and slinks off.

I pack up the office and listen to a podcast, it all seems under control.

Jools was going with Jen to see the Barbie film on the way home, so we would be eating late. I have a coffee and find something to watch.

When she does come home, its ten past eight, the film was great, apparently. We have the last of the bread dipped in flavoured vinegar with the lemon tart and a coffee for desert.

By the time we tidy up and Jools prepares for her early start in the morning, its ten past nine, rain is falling outside, and Cleo sits on the stairs, waiting for us to go to bed so she can snuggle.

No comments: