Friday 21 July 2023

Thursday 20th July 2023

Thursday.

And the week nears its end.

Work is still quiet as most of the European arm of the company is on vacation, and will be, it seems, into August.

I am my own boss, literally this week, so I have tasks to keep me busy, and later I can take the laptop and sit on the sofa to watch Le Tour.

Two hundred and one Without the cycling, I would have gone for a walk I think, but with the closing stages, it is too tense to miss an hour of the run in to the finish.

Summer broods of various butterfly species fill the garden, lots of Gatekeepers, Large Whites going from plant to plant, making up for the dearth in numbers from Spring.

hydrangea The hydrangea is out, having now settled into its new place, but inspection of the gooseberry bushes show just a single berry turning red. So I pick it and pop it in my mouth.

The gooseberry harvest And that is the day, really.

Le Tour finished late, so just time to prepare dinner: breaded chicken, with defrosted lentil curry, creamed spinach and some fresh steamed corn.

Was a very tasty and vegetable-filled meal.

It now gets dark towards nine in the evening, but before then we were yawning well, so we head to bed at quarter to.

No comments: