Wednesday 19 July 2023

Tuesday 18th July 2023

Yesterday morning, Jools dropped me off in Westcliffe, so I could walk back and get some steps in.

Last time I did this it was on March 16th, just as it was getting light, and was mighty chilly.

One hundred and ninety nine Tuesday, it was damp underfoot from the previous days rain, but lit by the warm light of the rising sun.

Cars zoomed by taking their drivers to work, I was also heading for work, though back home.

An early walk in the summer sunshine I reached Station Road, turned down the hill to home, making it back inside by twenty past six, more than enough time to make a second coffee and sit on the patio with Scully to drink it

An early walk in the summer sunshine And then a long day at work, I'm still in charge, though not much of any import happened. I reviewed documents, or would have but the IT failed, and by the time it was fixed I had lost interest.

An early walk in the summer sunshine There's always tomorrow. And no extra meetings to attend, but when I sat down to check on Le Tour I found it was time trial day, and they were talking about switching from a TT bike to a racer for going up hill and whether it was worth the effort.

An early walk in the summer sunshine I decided two hours of the same scenery and such discussions could go on without me, so I switched the tellybox off and went and sat in the garden for an hour or so.

An early walk in the summer sunshine I then made a new Italian lemon tart, with a new pan we bought at the weekend, and also baked a haloumi and chipotle spiced loaf to go with Caprese.

Insalata caprese and home made haloumi and chipotle spiced bread. Both were triumphs.

No comments: