Sunday 26 May 2024

Saturday 25th May 2024

My knee and mozzy bites kept me awake most of the night again, but then didn't, as I slept in until seven, when the hot water fired up.

It seems each morning now consists of getting up and finding which part of me aches now. Saturday it was my right foot that hurt more than my knee, so well done foot. This was down to my cheap trainers and my turning my foot over whilst climbing the down at Park Gate.

Saturday was a glorious day, and it seemed such a shame to spend it lazing around, but I was in no fit state to climb any more downs, let along Temple Ewell which had been the plan.

One hundred and forty six Instead we took things easy. Or i did. Jools did some gardening, and caught up on podcasts, read, wrote some blogs and edited photos, all until three when the Cup Final kicked off.

Yes, the Cup Final, once again the only game taking place in England that day, and shown live on BBC, and again it was City v United, with Citeh going for a double double.

We all expected them to do it.

But then, football.

Utd, played like they haven't all season, we 2-0 up by half time and having a right old laugh.

City never got going, but did pull one back near the end, but didn't come close to getting a second.

And that was that.

The local starlings have fledged, so the air filled with their demands for food from dawn to dusk.

No comments: